Tuesday, December 22, 2009

On the 9th Day of Christmas...

My Universe gave to me...

James Franco on General Hospital!

Again, in dark times, it's often just the seemingly silliest things that get me through.

I enjoyed getting caught up in the hype of James Franco...one of my favorite actors...seeking out a role on a show that I have watched since Luke & Laura days. I was insanely excited...not only for myself but for the actors on the show. What a great energy boost for them. These actors put out some great performances under the gun and on the fly...there is little to no rehearsal and rarely more than one take...I can tell you from first hand experience that there are no six figure movie stars who can deliver under those circumstances...

It was such fun to watch Kirsten Storms' Maxie get seduced by "Franco." And the twinkle in Anthony Geary's eyes when he and the movie star spray painted on the 'art'...priceless.

And by the way...Not enough has been said about the return of Jonathan Jackson, to the role he originated. I watched his Lucky Spencer grow up. He is a mezmerizing actor who has brought back a lot of the layering and shading of that character. Greg Vaughns Lucky was solid and had a strong "hero" vibe...you never know with Jackson's version...

So, the orignial giddiness of James Franco's presence has worn off because I enjoy watching this cast no matter who guests with them...but like I said, sometimes it's the silliest things that get me through to the next better moment...so Bravo to Franco and to GH for contributing to my bridge over troubled waters this year.


Still can't wait to see how the storyline plays out!


No comments: