Wednesday, December 22, 2010

On the 9th day of Christmas...

The Universe gave to me...

Universal Pictures Marketing.


Last year at this time I was in the bosom of this extraordinary group of people. I got to know many a little and some quite well. They are a dedicated group of people who really love their jobs and care about their filmmakers. Marketing gets a bad rap (for the obvious reason that all green lighting seems to be decided by marketing these days) but from my POV of the films that opened while I was there...some films will die in spite of the most imaginative and heroic efforts and excellent campaigns that are created.



What was even more amazing...to me anyway...was the kindness that I saw demonstrated every day. It turned out to be where I needed to be for as long as I needed to be. I was able to heal and gain strength there and I will always think back on that time with affection. Especially on Lil Owl and she knows who she is...We'll always have Budino!

No comments: