Wednesday, December 15, 2010

On the 2nd day of Christmas...

The Universe gave to me...

A reminder of what movie stars look like.

Growing up in the 60's and 70's I remember the glamorous icons that weren't seen every single day. The constant stream of media diarrhea didn't exist. You'd either see them in their movies or on Merv Griffin, Mike Douglas or Johnny Carson. Elizabeth Taylor and Richard Burton were the most celestial of them all to little Marion. She of the most extraordinary beauty and he of the impossibly virile maleness - together they burned brightly and passionately and often too hot to survive. But we didn't really know the ins and outs - the details of their lives...only the facts of divorces and remarriages that were public record.

That's what Angelina Jolie and Brad Pitt remind me of. Somehow despite the unstoppable, never ending prying of the media and the nasty Schadenfreude of the blithering public they are managing to keep their private lives pretty private and their mouths shut. Thus, when they do speak...their voices don't sound as familiar as my neighbors and I find myself wanting to hear what they have to say. They're a reminder to me of what made me want to be a part of the business in the first place. I'm rooting for them.

No comments: