Monday, December 20, 2010

On the 7th day of Christmas...


The Universe gave to me...

Clarity.

When I first started doing my one woman show again, it was as a birthday gift to myself. I hadn't performed in years but really wanted to give it another go. And it was everything I could have hoped for. Then, as is usually bound to happen...it started to become less fun and more stressful. Suffice it to say that 2010 was a year of clarity. I experienced a roller coaster of creative 'come to Jesus' moments. Snapshots of dying desires and seemingly wasted efforts. After my Santa Barbara debacle and the under attended follow up, I was bloodied...no lie. But what began emerging...almost immediately...was the voice that championed focus and clarity. If I've learned one thing this year it's that you absolutely must focus on one thing at a time if you want to make them happen and be laser certain about what you want. If not, your creative babies may still be born but they will almost certainly be damaged in some way. There seem to be people who can be concieving multiple endeavors simultaneously and with success but those people have teams...in some cases armies (yes Oprah, I'm looking at you) to help them execute. And even then (again, Oprah) not everything flies.

So, little ol' me is going to continue to watch this clarity develop...it's still murky and soft focused...and 2011 will be about continuing to watch and listen inside and outside for those signals and the picture that emerges from them.

No comments: