Monday, May 17, 2010

Baby Steps. Yoga...Day 1


If I think of myself as a large computer that crashed catastrophically in 2009, then the past 11 months have been about slowly rebuilding my hard drive. Today marks the day I begin uploading the software back on...Actually, I started in January with changing my hair color. It's all about making the maintenance simpler. Next was taking a step toward adjusting what I eat. Yes, it's still about losing weight...in many ways, the black coffee and cigarette diet was so much easier! Hahaha. But I'm really trying to listen to my body and let it tell me what it needs and wants. Dangerous you say? What if your body only wants Budino puddings from Mozza? Well, it doesn't...not all the time anyway. ;)


Today marks a red letter day in the rebooting of me! I began doing yoga again. I bought a Rodney Yee dvd with 5 different workouts. Each workout is 20 minutes. My goal is to learn the poses well enough again to be able to take my mat and do the entire routine of 5 workouts outside. Today I completed Standing Poses. My favorite? Relaxation pose...which if you're familiar, is done laying down. Baby steps. Baby Steps.

2 comments:

A Sex and the City Girl said...

I swear im not stalking your or anything but alas I am happy to say that I LOVE your blog and will be the first to comment on this lovely post. More importantly I am really commenting on the picture of the budino...and yes, we did order Mozza today for lunch. FC wouldn't have it any other way, but no budino. wah, wah, wahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh. come back thanks. bye.

Marion Douglas said...

AHAHAHAHAHA! xo