Monday, May 11, 2009

Something for your Idle Mind
















www.procreo.jp This was posted on FaceBook. It's a cool site where you can create a sort of floral garden with your cursor and/or mouse. It's creative which is more than we can say for many time wasting apps.

Please note: the picture above was not created by the listed link. A Japanese artist, Chiho Aoshima, created a whole series of them. This one is called Apricot 3 - A pink dream. To see more of this artist's work go to this link (Galerie Emmanuel Perrotin).

They all have a devilish twist to them which leads me to...

As time goes on, I'm learning that all those sayings we've grown up with...the ones that start with "they say..." are all rooted in good reasoning and age old wisdom. There's a good reason those sayings survive.

One of them being "An Idle Mind is the Devil's workshop". What this has come to mean for me is, if I'm not creating, my mind starts to stir up trouble. Fear, worry, stress - all crowd in and "bedevil" me.

I'm going to try to be even more creative...stay tuned.

1 comment:

DaVida Chanel said...

YAY!!!! I'm all for creativity! I'm taking some time off from my stressing and worrying to explore my creativity as well!!!